Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I am now a citizen!

On September 17, Citizenship Day, I became a US citizen. I am a full-fledged 'merican now. All the pics, etc. can be found here: http://vyoma108.blogspot.com/2008/09/american-ll-citizenship-day-2008-at.html

About a year ago, I became inspired by hearing one of Obama's speeches, and decided that I would like to vote for him in the upcoming election. Little did I know about everything that would happen in what has become the Election Circus.

I am still glad I went ahead and applied, and got sworn in. It's one less thing to worry about. And, I get to vote, become a city council commissioner, and have an American passport. Also, I get to apply for Fulbright fellowships, which would be great.

So, that's the big news.

Now... If only I get my dissertation going.

2 comments:

Alf mabrouk! Welcome to the US citizenry, Girl-Geek!

September 29, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Awww.. Thank you! :) That's very sweet of you.

September 29, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home