Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Salem, MA

One nice thing about living in MA is that we're near so much. The other day, B decided that we should go to Salem, MA. Presently, it's an incredibly cheesy place. For someone who is interested in violence, persecution, and human rights issues, it was a little disturbing to me on so many levels, especially when we went into the museums where they did recreations of the witch trials. The disturbing aspects of the town, coupled with how people capitalize on this history, made for a very dissonant experience. Why modern day pagans claim that area to be a headquarters for witches, is beyond me, however. It really makes no sense to me. All the women who were persecuted were found to be innocent. Yet, a few hundred years later, it's a haven for pagans and witches alike. Personally, if I were a witch, Salem would be the last place I would want to be anyways. But.. hey.. I'm neither a witch, nor a pagan, so I guess I'm okay.
It's not a logic that I need to understand.

Anyhow... here are some pictures:

I took this as we were getting ready to head into the actual town. I believe this was right before we went hunting for a parking garage. The picture is of B, whose blog can be found here: http://vyoma108.blogspot.com/ For a much better entry with much better pictures than mine, see his entry here: http://vyoma108.blogspot.com/search/label/Salem

This is a silly picture. He took a much better one of me, which he has on his blog.


On our way out, we were beckoned to a "haunted house" at the bottomfloor of the parking garage. Not wanting to shell out any more money for cheese, we were satisfied to just snap pictures of this lovely guy.

I really like the way this picture came out. I didn't even want to retouch it.


AHHHHH!!!!! This is sometimes how I feel when I can't write anything.


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home